How To Remove Birds From Your Vents You’re thinking
Unfortunately not all air vents are animal proof so if birds have managed to get into your air vents you will need to take appropriate action to remove them before they can cause extensive damage and affect the health of your family. Birds are beautiful and harmless, but when they get into spaces where they are a nuisance they are considered pests. There are several things you can do to remove birds from your vents but if you are not the DIY type or you are not sure how to do the job properly, it is best to call in the experts. Certified Air Duct Cleaning is your local vent cleaning company in Dallas & Fort Worth. You can trust our team of vent experts to safely and efficiently remove all traces of bird infestation and give you advice on how to keep your vents protected from re-infestation.
Why is it so Important to Remove Birds Nesting in Vents
Birds nesting in vents pose a danger to your family. Not only does the material they use to create their nests such as twigs, feathers, and leaves pose a potential fire risk when blocked fan motors become overheated, but it also exposes people in your home to inhalation of harmful pathogens that become airborne. Fungal spores, bird droppings, and other pathogens from nesting material brought in from outside carry an imminent risk of human infection. Birds also carry mites and lice that can infest your home. In addition, bird nests can block vents from performing their function of keeping the air in your home flowing freely and preventing fan motors from overheating. That is why it is so important to remove birds and their nests from your air vents as quickly as possible.
How to Remove Birds From Your Vents
The best thing to do is look for places where the birds are likely to enter and seal these spaces off with special vent covers to prevent other birds from entering after the cleanup. Once birds have established their nests in your vents it may be difficult to remove them on your own. Experienced and trained wildlife removal experts are qualified to do the job quickly and safely without posing any danger to the inhabitants of a home.
Here are a few things you can do to get birds and their nests out of your vents:
- First locate any openings the birds are using to get in and out.
- Use a bright light or torch to inspect the inside of the vent to establish where the nest is located.
- If you cause a commotion it will force the birds to fly out or you can wait patiently for them to leave on their own, usually early in the morning.
- Once you are sure that there is no movement in the nest, block off the outside holes with a cloth or wire to prevent the birds from coming back.
- Remove the nest by hand if it is small. It may need to be broken up with a tool if larger.
- Once the nest has been removed it is important to clean up any droppings and debris from inside the vent. A vacuum cleaner with a hose attachment is the best tool to accomplish this task.
- If the nest is located in a fan vent you may have to remove the vent in order to reach the nest and clean it out properly.
The Absolute best way to get rid of birds nesting in your vents is to call a professional company that specializes in bird removal. They have the necessary experience and tools to get the job done safely, quickly, and efficiently. This is particularly important if you are not sure how to do the job without causing damage to the air vents.
Certified Air Duct Cleaning specializes in air duct and vent cleaning. Our team of experts is highly experienced in cleaning and sanitizing air conditioning systems to ensure the indoor air is clean and healthy to breathe. Contact us today for a free estimate and to find out more about how we can help you achieve and maintain the best indoor air quality for you and your family.